Automotive Area Sales Manager Victoria - Subaru Australia
At Subaru Australia, our mission is to help Australians to get more out of life. Subaru are in the business of removing obstacles for customers choosing, buying and owning a vehicle. It's what we 'do'.
- The imagination to create change and 'do' things differently.
- An independent can 'do' spirit that heroes drive and enthusiasm.
- And quality that underpins everything we 'do'.
We do the common things uncommonly well, rise to every challenge, solve problems and turn ideas into reality. Most importantly, it's not what we say we 'do', but what we 'do' that really matters.
Click here to see a cool clip about Subaru: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUlqondiYIE
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the Subaru business by way of vehicle sales, network and dealer development and fulfilment of the Sales Business Plan.
Reporting into the Regional Manager for Victoria, your key responsibilities will be:
- Work with the retail network to maximise sales by identifying conquest/incremental opportunities& implementing strategies to increase conversion rates.
- Building strong relationships with our retail network
- Retail and Wholesale planning and development
- Management of network inventory; order collation, distribution and aging
- Management of regional marketing both at a regional/co-operative & individual retailer level to maximise coverage and present their ‘Point of Difference.’
- Manage budgets for marketing and business development
- Ensure your representation is aligned to changing market dynamics.
- Achieve your regional, national and model sales targets
- Liaison with parts and service business managers regarding dealer performance
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Min 8 years experience in vehicle retail and wholesale operations
- Detailed knowledge of the automotive industry
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for consumer products in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a pro-active approach to achieving objectives
- Be a champion of accountability
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills plus the ability to foster and develop strong personal relationships
- Tertiary qualifications in business management, commerce, economics or finance will be an advantage.
Candidates with a passion for sales and excellence in the customer experience are encouraged to apply.